Stefana-Maria Petrescu, Dr.
Group: Molecular Cell BiologyDepartment: Molecular Cell Biology
Director of Institute, Head of Department
Dr. Petrescu has been granted the Award Emil Racovita of the Romanian Academy for the work on tyrosinase folding in 2002. She is President of the Romanian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology since 2010. She served as a member of the ERC panel Development and Cell Biology 2007- 2015 and as a member of the FEBS Advanced Courses Committee from 2016-2019. She is Deputy- Editor of Molecular Life.
- . Inhibition of N-glycan processing modulates the network of EDEM3 interactors. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 2017, 486(4): 978-984IF=2.56
- . Novel function of the endoplasmic reticulum degradation-enhancing α-mannosidase-like proteins in the human hepatitis B virus life cycle, mediated by the middle envelope protein. Cellular microbiology, 2017, 19(2)
- . Epitope located N-glycans impair the MHC-I epitope generation and presentation. Electrophoresis, 2016, 37(11): 1448-60IF=2.74
- . Value of dopachrome tautomerase detection in the assessment of melanocytic tumors. Melanoma research, 2014, 24(3): 219-36
- . Activation of ERAD pathway by human hepatitis B virus modulates viral and subviral particle production. PloS one, 2012, 7(3): e34169IF=3.73
- . Tyrosinase degradation is prevented when EDEM1 lacks the intrinsically disordered region. PloS one, 2012, 7(8): e42998
- . C-terminus glycans with critical functional role in the maturation of secretory glycoproteins. PloS one, 2011, 6(5): e19979IF=4.09
- . Tyrosinase-related protein-2 and -1 are trafficked on distinct routes in B16 melanoma cells. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 2005, 328(4): 914-21
- . The inhibition of early N-glycan processing targets TRP-2 to degradation in B16 melanoma cells. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2003, 278(29): 27035-42
- . Folding and maturation of tyrosinase-related protein-1 are regulated by the post-translational formation of disulfide bonds and by N-glycan processing. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2000, 275(41): 32200-7
- . N-glycosylation processing and glycoprotein folding-lessons from the tyrosinase-related proteins. Chemical reviews, 2000, 100(12): 4697-712
- . Tyrosinase and glycoprotein folding: roles of chaperones that recognize glycans. Biochemistry, 2000, 39(18): 5229-37
- . Mutations at critical N-glycosylation sites reduce tyrosinase activity by altering folding and quality control. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2000, 275(11): 8169-75
- . Investigation of the intracellular transport of tyrosinase and tyrosinase related protein (TRP)-1. The effect of endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-glucosidases inhibition. Cellular and molecular biology (Noisy-le-Grand, France), 1999, 45(7): 1001-10
- . Protein specific N-glycosylation of tyrosinase and tyrosinase-related protein-1 in B16 mouse melanoma cells. The Biochemical journal, 1999, 344 Pt 3: 659-65
- . Conformation-independent binding of monoglucosylated ribonuclease B to calnexin. Cell, 1997, 88(1): 29-38
- . The solution NMR structure of glucosylated N-glycans involved in the early stages of glycoprotein biosynthesis and folding. The EMBO journal, 1997, 16(14): 4302-10
Scopul PROCERA este de a dezvolta infrastructura IBAR pentru cresterea capacitatii de cercetare-dezvoltare C-D in domeniul biochimiei si biologiei moleculare pe plan national, precum si a competitivitatii cercetarii stiintifice romanesti la nivel european.
Programul Postdoctoral "Biotehnologii Celulare si Moleculare cu Aplicatii in Medicina", se adreseaza tinerilor cu diploma de doctor in biologie, chimie, fizica, medicina si informatica - interesati de burse de cercetare Post Doctorala la standarde europene.
Bone loss represents one of the most important health problems experienced by Space travelling astronauts. Microgravity produces deterioration of the skeleton due to lack of mechanical loading thus affecting both muscle and bones. Tendons stiffness decreases, muscle fibres atrophies and attenuates their metabolic capacity, whileprogressive cartilage loss occurs.
A detailed knowledge of the mechanisms of antigen processing and presentation is essential to optimize cancer vaccination. known as Endoplasmic Reticulum Associated Degradation (ERAD). Non cytosolic misfolded proteins, synthesized at the endoplasmic reticulum are degraded to peptides by a complex machinery Cancer immunotherapy aims at harnessing the resources of the immune system to treat cancer.
A considerable fraction of all newly synthesized secretory polypeptides fail to attain their native conformation due to mutations, transcriptional and translational errors, folding defects or endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress conditions.
A promising approach of the therapeutic strategy in melanoma is immunotherapy. One of the most promising melanoma antigens is tyrosinase, which was frequently found as overexpressed in melanomas. It wash shown that this protein undergoes unproductive folding in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) leading to the selection of the incorrectly folded molecules for degradation via the ubiquitin proteasome system. The current project aims to obtain epitopes with potential increased clinical outcome.