M.Sc. research project was devoted to co-regulation of polar mRNA transport and lifespan in budding yeast S. cerevisiae. He has also participated in a number of projects, all related to ageing and longevity: (1) Mitochondrial determinants of mammalian longevity; (2) Skin wound healing after surgery in mice of different age and longevity phenotype; (3) curation of longevity databases (GenAge, AnAge and MitoAge).
Along with Dmitri’s research activities, he participated in several courses as a teaching assistant and lecturer, giving lectures, supervising, and assisting in practical classes for M.Sc., M.D and PhD students at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and at the School of Practical Engineering at Sapir College in Israel.
- . Human Ageing Genomic Resources: new and updated databases. Nucleic acids research, 2018, 46(D1): D1083-D1090IF=11.15
- . De novo assembling and primary analysis of genome and transcriptome of gray whale Eschrichtius robustus. BMC evolutionary biology, 2017, 17(Suppl 2): 258IF=3.03
- . MitoAge: a database for comparative analysis of mitochondrial DNA, with a special focus on animal longevity. Nucleic acids research, 2016, 44(D1): D1262-5IF=10.16
- . Wound healing and longevity: lessons from long-lived αMUPA mice. Aging, 2015, 7(3): 167-76
- . Human Ageing Genomic Resources: integrated databases and tools for the biology and genetics of ageing. Nucleic acids research, 2013, 41(Database issue): D1027-33IF=8.81
- . Co-regulation of polar mRNA transport and lifespan in budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell cycle (Georgetown, Tex.), 2012, 11(22): 4275-80IF=5.24
Starting 02.09.2016, the Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy is implementing the project “Multi-omics prediction system for prioritization of gerontological interventions”, co-funded through European Fund for Regional Development, in accordance with the funding contract signed by the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research. The total funding for the project is 8.524.757,50 lei, of which 8.502.557,50 lei represent non-reimbursable funding. The project’s duration is 48 months.