Sorin Tunaru, Dr.
Sorin Tunaru is a researcher in the Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy. Sorin is currently working in Enzymology, Cell Signaling Research in the Enzymology.
- . A whole organism small molecule screen identifies novel regulators of pancreatic endocrine development. Development (Cambridge, England), 2019, 146(14).IF=5.76
- . Nicotinamide limits replication of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and BCG within macrophages. The Journal of infectious diseases, 2019.IF=5.04
- . 20-HETE promotes glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in an autocrine manner through FFAR1. Nature communications, 2018, 9(1):177.IF=11.88
- . Dysregulation of lysophosphatidic acids in multiple sclerosis and autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Acta neuropathologica communications, 2017, 5(1):42.
- . The G2A receptor (GPR132) contributes to oxaliplatin-induced mechanical pain hypersensitivity. Scientific reports, 2017, 7(1):446.
- . The leukotriene B4 receptors BLT1 and BLT2 form an antagonistic sensitizing system in peripheral sensory neurons. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2017, 292(15):6123-6134.
- . Arachidonic Acid Metabolite 19(S)-HETE Induces Vasorelaxation and Platelet Inhibition by Activating Prostacyclin (IP) Receptor. PloS one, 2016, 11(9):e0163633.IF=2.81
- . Loss of FFA2 and FFA3 increases insulin secretion and improves glucose tolerance in type 2 diabetes. Nature medicine, 2015, 21(2):173-7.
- . A novel luminescence-based method for the detection of functionally active antibodies to muscarinic acetylcholine receptors of the M3 type (mAchR3) in patients' sera. Clinical and experimental immunology, 2014, 177(1):179-89.IF=3.04
- . Conserved MIP receptor-ligand pair regulates Platynereis larval settlement. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2013, 110(20):8224-9.
- . Castor oil induces laxation and uterus contraction via ricinoleic acid activating prostaglandin EP3 receptors. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012, 109(23):9179-84.
- . Nicotinic acid (niacin): new lipid-independent mechanisms of action and therapeutic potentials. Trends in pharmacological sciences, 2011, 32(12):700-7.
- . Nicotinic acid- and monomethyl fumarate-induced flushing involves GPR109A expressed by keratinocytes and COX-2-dependent prostanoid formation in mice. The Journal of clinical investigation, 2010, 120(8):2910-9.
- . An autocrine lactate loop mediates insulin-dependent inhibition of lipolysis through GPR81. Cell metabolism, 2010, 11(4):311-9.IF=18.21
- . GPR109A, GPR109B and GPR81, a family of hydroxy-carboxylic acid receptors. Trends in pharmacological sciences, 2009, 30(11):557-62.
- . Deorphanization of GPR109B as a receptor for the beta-oxidation intermediate 3-OH-octanoic acid and its role in the regulation of lipolysis. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2009, 284(33):21928-33.
- . Thyrocyte-specific Gq/G11 deficiency impairs thyroid function and prevents goiter development. The Journal of clinical investigation, 2007, 117(9):2399-407.
- . Characterization of determinants of ligand binding to the nicotinic acid receptor GPR109A (HM74A/PUMA-G). Molecular pharmacology, 2005, 68(5):1271-80.
- . Comparative analysis of functional assays for characterization of agonist ligands at G protein-coupled receptors. Journal of biomolecular screening, 2003, 8(5):500-10.
- . Sphingosine 1-phosphate and dioleoylphosphatidic acid are low affinity agonists for the orphan receptor GPR63. Cellular signalling, 2003, 15(4):435-46.
- . PUMA-G and HM74 are receptors for nicotinic acid and mediate its anti-lipolytic effect. Nature medicine, 2003, 9(3):352-5.