Mari Chiritoiu, PhD
In the future, dr. Chiritoiu aims to understand key aspects of the molecular mechanism of leaderless protein export, such as interleukin-1β and α-synuclein, related to inflammation and neurodegeneration.
- . Affinity proteomics and deglycoproteomics uncover novel EDEM2 endogenous substrates and an integrative ERAD network. Molecular & cellular proteomics : MCP, 2021:100125.IF=5.91
- . Therapeutic potential of interleukin-15 in cancer (Review). Experimental and therapeutic medicine, 2021, 22(1):675.IF=1.78
- . EDEM1 Drives Misfolded Protein Degradation via ERAD and Exploits ER-Phagy as Back-Up Mechanism When ERAD Is Impaired. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2020, 10(21):3468.IF=4.10
- . Proteomics of regenerated tissue in response to a titanium implant with a bioactive surface in a rat tibial defect model. Scientific reports, 2020, 10(1):18493.IF=3.99
- . Silencing the Cytoskeleton Protein Iba1 (Ionized Calcium Binding Adapter Protein 1) Interferes with BV2 Microglia Functioning. Cellular and molecular neurobiology, 2020.IF=3.80
- . Long-Term Evaluation of Dip-Coated PCL-Blend-PEG Coatings in Simulated Conditions. Polymers, 2020, 12(3).IF=3.42
- . GRASP55 and UPR Control Interleukin-1β Aggregation and Secretion. Developmental cell, 2019, 49(1):145-155.e4.IF=9.19
- . Unconventional secretion of FABP4 by endosomes and secretory lysosomes. The Journal of cell biology, 2018, 217(2):649-665.IF=8.89
- . Inhibition of N-glycan processing modulates the network of EDEM3 interactors. Biochemical and biophysical research communications, 2017, 486(4):978-984.IF=2.56
- . Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1 (CXCL1) and chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 2 (CXCL2) modulate the activity of TRPV1+/IB4+ cultured rat dorsal root ganglia neurons upon short-term and acute application. Journal of physiology and pharmacology : an official journal of the Polish Physiological Society, 2017, 68(3):385-395.IF=2.48
- . Antimicrobial polycaprolactone/polyethylene glycol embedded lysozyme coatings of Ti implants for osteoblast functional properties in tissue engineering. Applied Surface Science, 2017, 417:234-243.
- . Biocomposite coatings based on Poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate)/calcium phosphates obtained by MAPLE for bone tissue engineering. Applied Surface Science, 2017, 417:204-212.
- . Long-term exposure to CXCL2 has cytotoxic effects on HEK293T cells stably expressing TRPV1. Romanian Biotechnological letters, 2017.
- . Laser deposition of poly(3-hydroxybutyric acid-co-3-hydroxyvaleric acid) - lysozyme microspheres based coatings with anti-microbial properties. International journal of pharmaceutics, 2017, 521(1-2):184-195.
- . Tyrosinase degradation is prevented when EDEM1 lacks the intrinsically disordered region. PloS one, 2012, 7(8):e42998.
- . C-terminus glycans with critical functional role in the maturation of secretory glycoproteins. PloS one, 2011, 6(5):e19979.IF=4.09
This project aims to develop a sensitive high-throughput screening platform by generating an endogenously tagged interleukin-1β reporter cell line by CRISPR-Cas9 technology, able to monitor stimulated IL-1β secretion with the purpose to identify new chemical compounds with anti-inflammatory activity that will be validated in primary macrophages and a mouse model for sepsis.