Vlad Constantinescu, Mr.
Since 2015, his interest has risen towards more academic/research topics and he has been involved more and more in applied research in machine learning (AITIA One group), focused on complex systems, statistical machine learning/deep learning and application of these concepts to medical science and biology. In 2017, he has joined the Computational Biology of Aging Group at the Institute of Biochemistry.
Vlad is academically interested in statistical machine learning, focusing on the theory of emerging complexity/intelligence, approached with methods from probability theory, information theory, computer science and statistical mechanics.
- . Long-Term Evaluation of Dip-Coated PCL-Blend-PEG Coatings in Simulated Conditions. Polymers, 2020, 12(3)IF=3.42
- . LRRpredictor-A New LRR Motif Detection Method for Irregular Motifs of Plant NLR Proteins Using an Ensemble of Classifiers. Genes (Basel), 2020, 11(3): 286IF=3.33
- . Small Molecules Target the Interaction between Tissue Transglutaminase and Fibronectin. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 2019, 6(18): 1057-1068IF=4.86
- . Analysis of EYA3 Phosphorylation by Src Kinase Identifies Residues Involved in Cell Proliferation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 2019, 20(24): 6307IF=4.18
- . Lactoferrin in Bone Tissue Regeneration. Current medicinal chemistry, 2019, 12(16)IF=3.89
- . Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Response to Lactoferrin-based Composite Coatings. Materials (Basel, Switzerland), 2019, 12(20)IF=2.97
- . Nanomagnetite-embedded PLGA Spheres for Multipurpose Medical Applications. Materials (Basel, Switzerland), 2019, 12(16)IF=2.97
- . Characterization of CNPY5 and its family members. Protein Sci, 2019, 7(28): 1276-1289IF=2.42
- . Macrophage in vitro Response on Hybrid Coatings Obtained by Matrix Assisted Pulsed Laser Evaporation. Coatings, 2019(9)IF=2.35
- . Physical-chemical characterization and biological assessment of simple and lithium-doped biological-derived hydroxyapatite thin films for a new generation of metallic implants. Applied Surface Science, 2018, 439: 724-735IF=5.15
- . Biocompatible pure ZnO nanoparticles-3D bacterial cellulose biointerfaces with antibacterial properties. Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2018IF=2.96
Starting 02.09.2016, the Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy is implementing the project “Multi-omics prediction system for prioritization of gerontological interventions”, co-funded through European Fund for Regional Development, in accordance with the funding contract signed by the Ministry of National Education and Scientific Research. The total funding for the project is 8.524.757,50 lei, of which 8.502.557,50 lei represent non-reimbursable funding. The project’s duration is 48 months.
The Systems Biology of Aging team is grateful for the "Microsoft Azure for Research" sponsorship awarded to our group. We have received cloud computing resources worth the equivalent of 20,000$ credits, and this has greatly helped us to speed up some of our research projects.